This is part of a series of video interviews with church planters recorded by Crossing Church Pastor Dustin Neeley at Sojourn’s 930 Art Center, during the Acts 29 Network 2009 Louisville Boot Camp (Ambition). In this video, Pastor Darrin discusses:
- The difference between “closed hand” and “open hand” beliefs and doctrines
- Learning from conferences where speakers differ on various issues and theological persuasions
- Where humility and theology comes into play, in learning from others
- “Dating” your kids
- Treating your children as individuals rather than as a herd
- Integrating the church into your family, while not letting the church “swallow” your family
- The difference between an “open home” and a “closed home” (the home as a foyer, the home as a fortress)
Dustin Neeley is a former Sojourner who is now the pastor of Crossing Church in East Louisville, which we planted in 2005. Sojourn Lead Pastor Daniel Montgomery asked him to partner with us during the Louisville Boot Camp by shooting a series of video interviews with church planters, pastors and Acts 29 leaders. Follow Pastor Dustin on his church planting blog, Church Planting For The Rest Of Us.
Stay tuned for many more short video interviews, featuring leading church planters, pastors and members of the Acts 29 Network, here at churchplanting.sojournchurch.com.